Wine Harvest Day
Philema Food Tours and “Tranampelo Vineyard” invite you to take part in the end of the harvest season celebration!
A unique occasion to learn about indigenous Cycladic varieties and traditional methods of wine production. A hands-on opportunity to participate in the harvesting process, suitable for wine lovers of all ages.
An all-day open bar and buffet made up with local products and recipes, as well as an afternoon live music session to close off the day!
A day full of wine, work, food and music!
- The event is estimated to be held early September 2023
- Exact dates and per person pricing will be announced late August 2023
- Vineyard tour (9:30 – 10:00)
- Identification of indegenous varieties
- Comparison of traditional and modern viticulture methods
- Comments on pruning techniques and terroir
Open buffet with traditional music
Harvest (10:00 – 14:00)
- Vineyard preparation (cleaning of equipment – harvesting boxes and tools)
- Harvest of “Mandilaria” red grape variety
- Manual destemming and crushing of grapes using ‘Strofilia’ (traditional pressing machine)
- First measurements – grape must analyses
- Transfer of grape must to stainless steel tanks where it will be left to ferment
Lunch (14:00 – 18:00)
- Open buffet with local products and recipes
- Open bar – Naxian wines and more
Concert (18:00 – 20:00)
- Local music band – folk music with a twist of swing